There are six major controls of the climate of an area. These factors are latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.
What are the 6 climate controls?
LOWERN is an acronym for 6 factors that affect climate.
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. …
What are the 7 climate controls?
Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc. The various controls of climate include latitude, land and water distribution, prevailing winds and belts of high and low pressure, ocean currents, altitude, topography, clouds, and cyclonic activity.
What are the 4 climate controls?
These factors include 1) solar radiation, especially as it varies with latitude; 2) distribution of land and water masses; 3) elevation and large-scale topography; and 4) the atmospheric concentration of greenhouse gases. The types of climatic controls were used as the basis for early climatic classifications.
What are the 5 controls of temperature?
Terms in this set (5)
- Differential heating of land and water. Land heats more rapidly and to higher temptatures than water and it cools more rapidly and to lower tempratures than water.
- Ocean Currents. Warm vs. …
- Altitude. Higher altitude=less density/atmospheric pressure=cooler temps.
- Geographic Position. …
What are the climatic controls Class 9?
The factors affecting the climate of a place are referred to as controls and are latitude, altitude, pressure and wind system, distance from the sea, ocean currents, and relief features. … The variations in air temperature control the pressure and wind system of a place.
What are the 3 key factors controlling global climate?
Factors Affecting Global Climate
- Atmospheric Circulation. The sun’s rays provide both light and heat to Earth, and regions that receive greater exposure warm to a greater extent. …
- Ocean Currents. …
- Global Climate. …
What do you mean by climate control?
Climate control is a system for controlling the temperature inside a vehicle. The car’s climate control system controls the heating and air-conditioning systems. The climate control unit adjusts the temperature and air flow inside the car.
What is climate in geography class 7?
The average weather condition of a place for a longer period of time represents the climate of a place.
Which is the most important climatic control?
Latitude. Latitude is the most important climatic control, due to the effect it has on the amount of solar radiation reaching the Earth’s surface.
What are climatic controls Class 10?
The factors affecting the climate of a place are referred to as controls and are latitude, altitude, pressure and wind system, distance from the sea, ocean currents, and relief features. Altitude is another factor controlling the climate of a place. Altitude refers to the height a place above sea level.
What are the different types of climates?
one of five classifications of the Earth’s climates: tropical, dry, mild, continental, and polar.
Which is not a climate control?
Relief is not a climatic control.
What 3 factors affect local climate?
3.1 Factors affecting climate
- distance from the sea.
- ocean currents.
- direction of prevailing winds.
- shape of the land (known as ‘relief’ or ‘topography’)
- distance from the equator.
- the El Niño phenomenon.