The sources of solid waste include residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial activities. Certain types of wastes that cause immediate danger to exposed individuals or environments are classified as hazardous; these are discussed in the article hazardous-waste management.
What are the types and sources of solid waste?
8 Main Sources of Solid Wastes
- Municipal solid wastes: These are solid wastes from home, offices, stores, schools, hospitals, hotels etc. …
- Industrial Solid Wastes: ADVERTISEMENTS: …
- Mining solid wastes: …
- Fertilizers: …
- Pesticides and Biocides: …
- Excretory products of humans and livestock: …
- Electronic wastes: …
- Hospital Wastes:
What is solid waste give the classification of solid waste with their sources explain in brief?
Solid wastes are the organic and inorganic waste materials such as product packaging, grass clippings, furniture, clothing, bottles, kitchen refuse, paper, appliances, paint cans, batteries, etc. These wastes are produced in our society and generally do not carry any value to its first user.
What are the different types of solid wastes?
Types of Solid Wastes
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Construction and Demolition Debris.
- Industrial/Commercial Waste.
- Hazardous Waste Lamps.
- Regulated Medical Waste.
- Used Electronic Equipment.
- Used Oil.
- Waste Tires.
What is called solid waste?
RCRA states that “solid waste” means any garbage or refuse, sludge from a wastewater treatment plant, water supply treatment plant, or air pollution control facility and other discarded material, resulting from industrial, commercial, mining, and agricultural operations, and from community activities.
What are the different sources of waste?
Sources of waste can be broadly classified into four types: Industrial, Commercial, Domestic, and Agricultural.
- Industrial Waste. These are the wastes created in factories and industries. …
- Commercial Waste. Commercial wastes are produced in schools, colleges, shops, and offices. …
- Domestic Waste. …
- Agricultural Waste.
What are two main types of solid waste?
Due to the large variety of items that are considered solid waste, the type of waste is often divided into two categories. The categories of solid waste are referred to as municipal solid waste and non-municipal solid waste, and these two types of waste vary by where the waste originates.
What is solid waste Class 9?
1. When the unwanted solid material is discarded in the environment by human beings it is called solid waste. … Domestic waste includes kitchen waste, food waste, etc., commercial waste includes containers, plastic bags, etc. and industrial waste includes metal, paper, fibers etc.
What is solid waste India?
Municipal solid waste includes garbage (highly decomposable objects, such as food), trash (bulky items, such as tree branches or old appliances), and rubbish (slowly decomposable items, such as paper, glass, or metal objects). [ 11] Commonly, solid waste includes trash or garbage consisting everyday items.