How can we conserve our biodiversity?
10 Ways to Protect and Conserve Biodiversity
- Government legislation.
- Nature preserves.
- Reducing invasive species.
- Habitat restoration.
- Captive breeding and seed banks.
- Reduce climate change.
- Purchase sustainable products.
How can we conserve biodiversity 12?
Biodiversity can be conserved by In Situ and Ex Situ conservation.
- Biodiversity-rich regions are legally protected as biosphere reserves, national parks and sanctuaries.
- India now has 14 biosphere reserves, 90 national parks and 448 wildlife sanctuaries.
Why should we conserve biodiversity How can we do it?
Biodiversity conservation is necessary because of the following reasons:
- Many commercially important products such as food, fibre and wood and countless industrial products are obtained from nature.
- Certain activities cannot be accomplished without the help of nature such as production of oxygen and pollination.
Why should we preserve biodiversity?
Keeping biodiverse ecosystems intact helps humans stay healthy. Research indicates that there is a close link between disease outbreaks and the degradation of nature. Seventy percent of emerging viral diseases have spread from animals to humans.
How is biodiversity conserved class 10?
Biodiversity can be conserved by
1) Protecting the rare species of organisms. 2) Establishing national parks and sanctuaries. 3) Declaring some regions as ‘bioreserves’. 4) Projects for the conservation of special species.
Why should we conserve biodiversity class 9?
Biodiversity boosts ecosystem productivity where each species, no matter how small, all have an important role to play. … We should conserve biodiversity so as to maintain the food chain. The disturbance in the food chain may affect the whole ecosystem.
Why do we need to conserve biodiversity class 9?
Answer: Biodiversity needs to be conserved for maintaining balance in the natural process of water cycle, temperature and climate regulation and growth of different types of animals and plants. … Conservation of biodiversity helps to maintain existence of living beings in nature.
Why should we conserve biodiversity How can we do it Class 12?
Complete answer: We should conserve our biodiversity because we have inherited it and the future generation should also be able to inherit it. Loss of biodiversity has resulted in several ecological imbalances like: – Dramatic changes in ecosystem processes like the water cycle, disease cycle, pest cycle, etc.
Why should we conserve biodiversity How can we do it explain the importance of biodiversity hotspots and sacred groves?
(b) Biodiversity hotspots and sacred groves are the regions that are rich in biodiversity. A system with greater biodiversity is more stable and has greater productivity. Hence, biodiversity is related with overall health of our ecosystem and the survival of human race on the earth.
What is biodiversity and its conservation?
What is Biodiversity Conservation? Biodiversity conservation is the protection and management of biodiversity to obtain resources for sustainable development. Biodiversity conservation has three main objectives: To preserve the diversity of species. Sustainable utilization of species and ecosystem.